- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers and members information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- This AEIC website, www.aeic.org, contains the names of members of AEIC's standing committees and subcommittees. These listings are secured behind a password-protected gateway available only to members of individual committees and subcommittees.
- Member information includes first name, last name, job title, company name, corporate email address, and phone number of the committee member.
- Additionally, the Electric Power Apparatus Committee lists behind its password-protected Members Only area contact information of suppliers serving this area of the electric industry, which includes company name, company address, name of individual representative, title of individual representative address of corporate website, email address of individual representative, and office and mobile telephone number of the individual representative.
- Other than the information stated above, the website, www.aeic.org, contains no other personal or contact information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.