All Things DER: How Alternative Energy Sources Can Help Us Solve Generation Challenges
Welcome to the All Things DER podcast! In this podcast, we’ll be digging in, defining, and discussing where the new energy economy is heading with electric industry leaders, and explore all the ways that distributed energy resources can modernize and improve our ever-evolving power grid.
In today’s episode of All Things DER, we’re speaking with Deepa Poduval, Senior Vice President and Global Advisory Lead for Black & Veatch. We discuss alternative energy sources that can help us solve generation challenges – specifically, what happens when a resource can’t be powered by electricity. From the hydrogen color spectrum to carbon capture and storage projects, we dig into a variety of ways to modernize our electric grid and create a better future for the power industry.
Here’s what you’ll discover:
- How to differentiate between different types of hydrogen
- Why Black & Veatch is providing EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) services to the largest green hydrogen hub in the United States
- How carbon capture and storage projects have moved from a pipe dream for utilities to a realistic investment
- How the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) accelerates financial incentives for switching to alternative energy sources
- Where the gaps are between the IRA and our current solutions for planning, permitting, and procurement