The Grid Mod Pod | Episode 1: Embracing Grid-Edge Resources with Lee Ragsdale of NCEMC
Welcome to the Grid Mod Pod, brought to you by AEIC. In this podcast, you’ll hear from the utility industry’s top operations leaders on how their companies are working to modernize and improve our ever-evolving power grid. Thank you for joining us.
In this episode, we’re joined by Lee Ragsdale, Senior VP Energy Delivery, North Carolina’s Electric Cooperatives. Here’s what you’ll learn when you listen in:
- Why resources at the edge of the grid are changing distribution systems and how we think about grid operations
- How the introduction of community solar became a “tipping point” for NCEMC to embrace new resources
- Why fostering external partnerships can help utilities build the internal expertise needed to embrace distributed energy resources
- Case studies of how NCEMC is utilizing distributed energy resources, including a microgrid powered by hog waste
- Why it’s an exciting time for young professionals to enter the utility industry