All Things DER: Creating Real Change Through New Technologies, Business Models, and Policy Change
The All Things DER Podcast is back! In this podcast, we’ll be digging in, defining, and discussing where the new energy economy is heading with electric industry leaders, and explore all the ways that distributed energy resources can modernize and improve our ever-evolving power grid.
In today’s episode, we’re talking with Josh Brumberger, the CEO of Utilidata. We discuss the importance of serving all stakeholders while driving change within the power industry through crucial key decisions, as well as ways to implement real time data into the power grid of tomorrow. From the need for fresh perspectives and unique backgrounds within the industry to embracing data-driven demands, we dig into a variety of ways to get ahead of the curve of upcoming policy changes and technological advances as we face the rapidly changing power industry and seek to bridge the gap between reliability and cleaner energy.
Here’s what you’ll discover:
- How Utilidata seeks to serve all stakeholders by speeding up the integration of clean energy resources and making the ultimate outcome valuable for the industry as a whole
- How unconventional and diverse backgrounds in industry leaders will help bridge the gap between the demand for continued reliability and integrating new DER
- What the three major pillars of change are in the industry right now, and how focusing on technology alone will hinder full innovation
- Why access to real time information and thinking more holistically is crucial for optimizing new DER
- How borrowing innovation techniques from other industries can allow for faster implementation and embracing of data-driven demands by the end user
- Why planning for the grid of the future requires passionate leaders within utility companies to step up and drive this change forward