All Things DER: How Duquesne Light Company Drives Innovation Through Analytics and Artificial Intelligence
Welcome to the All Things DER podcast! In this podcast, we’ll be digging in, defining, and discussing where the new energy economy is heading with electric industry leaders, and explore all the ways that distributed energy resources can modernize and improve our ever-evolving power grid.
In today’s episode, we’re talking with Brian Guzek, the Vice President of Corporate Strategy at Duquesne Light Company (DLC). We discuss how DLC is using new technologies such as data analytics and artificial intelligence with the goal of delivering a “larger-than-light” energy future for its customers. From forecasting future grid improvements to helping utilities educate stakeholders, we dig into a variety of ways that analytics and AI can help us create a more modern, sustainable grid for all.
Here’s what you’ll discover:
- Why it’s important for utilities to be proactive and determine what customers need before they realize it
- How a partnership with LineVision is helping DLC expand its transmission capacity and prepare for increased demand on the grid
- Why utilities need to break outside the 100+ year history of the grid and embrace new technologies such as artificial intelligence
- How DLC is making it easier for stakeholders to access trusted information that leads to continuous grid improvement
- Why a strong mission and vision can help industry leaders bring both customers and staff together
- The three things that make Pittsburgh a great place to live and work