All Things DER: How Data is Key to Pre-Planning for Advancing DER
Welcome to the All Things DER podcast! In this podcast, we’ll be digging in, defining, and discussing where the new energy economy is heading with electric industry leaders, and explore all the ways that distributed energy resources can modernize and improve our ever-evolving power grid.
In today’s episode, we’re talking with Abhay Gupta, the CEO and founder of Bidgley. We discuss the importance of collecting and utilizing data as the power grid shifts and changes with the use of advancing technologies while integrating consumers as part of the solution. From the understanding of changing supply and demand to building better situational awareness, we dig into a variety of ways to plan ahead for the next wave of renewable resources and energy demands that come with creating a cleaner energy future, and why data is the key to successful adoption of DER.
Here’s what you’ll discover:
- How the company of Bidgley derived its unique name, and what gap they serve within the power industry
- Why the changes in supply and demand are key factors in the power grid of the future
- Why the concept of flex demand is crucial to integrating new DER successfully
- How consumers need to play an integral role in the future of grid management to solve these new complex electrification problems
- Why embracing innovation and advancing technologies already available will ensure long term success and affordability
- How hyper personalization of situational awareness and a greater understanding of consumer behaviors set the groundwork for better utilization of data and distribution of equity for consumers
- Why data is the key to efficiently and affordably serving the rapidly expanding use of electric vehicles across parts of the country