All Things DER: How Models & System Planning Can Fast-Track the Successful Onboarding of DER
Welcome to the All Things DER podcast! In this podcast, we’ll be digging in, defining, and discussing where the new energy economy is heading with electric industry leaders, and explore all the ways that distributed energy resources can modernize and improve our ever-evolving power grid.
In today’s episode, we’re talking with Bryan Wright, the founder and CEO of Elpis2, a company that provides innovative grid management and optimization solutions for the electric utility industry. We discuss the importance of planning and utilizing models to build better resiliency while also ensuring timely adoption of new DER. From tackling the challenges of the new energy economy to integrating customer-based analytics, we dig into a variety of ways utility companies can utilize Elpis2’s offerings to better prepare for and predict the changes that come with the onboarding of new DER in this rapidly growing sector.
Here’s what you’ll discover:
- How the primary challenge of the new clean energy wave is the adoption curve of different types of technology.
- How Elpis2 assists companies with EV readiness and other planning processes for the currently evolving grid environment.
- Why models and analytics are key to driving the decision-making process to build out the grid and prepare for the future of successful adoption of DER.
- What the Elpis2-curated aggregated capacity analysis framework does to assist a company in system planning solutions.
- How Elpis2’s solution systems can help utilities see output issues in advance and plan scheduled mitigation.
- Why Elpis2’s software and models allow utilities to better serve their customers with the advancement of changing lifestyles of the average consumer.
- How models and proper planning allow utilities to get in front of problems and build better reliability.